I have a three year old so when things get quiet, mommy gets nervous. My brain starts churning with the possible messes I am about to discover needs cleaning and then races through a list of sharp objects in her reach that is going to result in a mad dash to the hospital. Thankfully, I have only found her with (safety) scissors one time and an entire cup of chocolate milk spilled onto the floor one time. That is not a bad list for 3 1/2 years but I STILL get nervous when things get quiet. That’s where we are right now with the adoption. All is well but it’s quiet.
Our homestudy is on the verge of being complete (for the third time). Our social worker is AMAZING. She sets pretty high standards as far as social workers go. It will be hard if we ever do this again to work with anyone else. Once the homestudy is finalized, we wait until I turn 30 (November 22) to submit our dossier to the D.R. with an official letter stating we are competent and able to adopt our daughter. In the meantime, we complete our psychological evaluations, have some yearly medical exams, do a tad bit more training and education (we are going to rule the adoption world based on our education and training alone, soon!), get some more fingerprints for immigration (thankfully, these are the ones that took on the first try for me), and wait… quietly. We had been in such a whirlwind that I felt like we were zooming forward and then it stopped. Just stopped. I almost panicked. I probably asked Beth (social worker) 4 times in an hour if she was SURE there was nothing to do right now. Don’t get me wrong, I like quiet… as long as I initiate it.
But, that is where we are. We wait and pray for our beautiful girl. In that time, I ask that you pray with us and for us. Here are some suggestions if you need them
- Pray that our paperwork moves smoothly and quickly. Paperwork is one of those things that is endless in this process and unpredictable.
- Pray for our daughter in the D.R. – we’ll call her R but God knows her name. Pray that she is being loved and cared for by people who are the hands and feet of Jesus. Pray that her heart is ready to be loved by us.
- Pray that God would equip us and we would seek the tools we need to meet her needs, however severe they may be. We are ready for anything but have no idea where to start.
- Pray that God would continue to supply the funds we need as we need them. He has not failed us yet. We want to be faithful in our efforts so that He may find us worthy of His blessings.
- Pray for peace, both for us and R.
- Pray that Hayes’s sweet heart will continue to be open and excited about what is to transpire and pray that we will continue to educate her as best we can at her young age.
These are just a few things that come to mind. Thank you to all of you who have bought a cookbook. If you want one, head over to the shop and order it! I think we have 50 left (I haven’t updated the spreadsheet today so it could be fewer, it could be more).
Thank you, friends!
Eat… Pray… Adopt.